Please Note: No tests will be given within a half hour of closing.
Please bring or know the following items with you to the Testing Office on the day of your examination.
· Check the Testing Office hours before you come in. No tests will be given within a half hour of closing. Give yourself enough time to complete your examination.
· Know the deadline to take your examination set by your instructor. The Testing Office will not administer examinations after this deadline date.
· Bring your photo identification with your name and a current picture (i.e. a driver’s license, passport, County Identification, BCC identification, etc.). No tests will be administered without photo identification.
· Bring all permitted materials (i.e. calculator, pens/pencils, dictionaries, etc.).
· Know your instructors last name. The Testing Office cannot administer an exam without an instructor’s name.
· If you are an online/distance student you must provide the course number and section. (i.e. MAT-150-098WB or PSY-106-096WB).
Testing Center Policies and Procedures
1. Place all textbooks, notebooks, and other belongings not required for your test under your seat.
2. Turn off cellphones and all other electronic devices and keep them stored out of sight.
3. Keep your student identification card on your desk at all times during the test.
4. Only materials permitted by the instructor on the examination cover sheet may be used during the test.
5. Absolutely no food or drinks are permitted in the Testing Center.
6. Communication amongst test takers is not permitted in the Testing Center. Only test takers are allowed in the testing room. Children may never accompany a test taker in the testing room.
7. Keep track of the time permitted for your test. Test takers are responsible for completing their tests within the time limit imposed by the instructor.
8. Test takers must have the permission of the testing proctor or the OTS staff to leave the Testing Center before the test is completed.
9. Under no circumstances shall a test taker leave the Testing Center with a test other than to return it to the OTS staff member.
10. Test takers are responsible for returning all test materials to the OTS proctor or the OTS staff member when the test is complete or the time limit has been reached.
11. Test takers will surrender the test and test materials to the OTS staff member immediately upon request.
Please note: The Office of Testing Services cannot answer specific questions over the phone about a student or the student’s examinations. All students must come to the office in room S-127 with a photo identification to receive specific information about an examination in The Office of Testing Services. Third parties never receive specific information about a student as per The Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For more information about FERPA at BCC click here .
Bergen Community College
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652