Current Students > Student Support Services > Bill Payment (Bursar) > Chargebacks


New Jersey residents who live outside Bergen County and wish to attend Bergen Community College can apply for chargeback support.

Chargeback enables a student to pay In-County tuition rates. The difference in tuition will be paid by student's home county.

Chargeback requests may be approved by Home Counties for the following:

  1. The county's community college does not offer the program or course.
  2. The county's community college does not have space available in the program or course.

To apply for and receive a chargeback, the student must do the following:

  1. Obtain a chargeback form for Bergen county residents/for Bergen county non-residents from The Bergen Community College Office of Registrar/One Stop Center.
  2. Complete the form and take it to the home-county community college for approval.
  3. Submit the form to the county treasurer in the home county for approval.
  4. Bring the completed and approved form to the Bursar's Office (L-127) before home county deadline.

Click HERE for deadline dates for submission of chargeback documents for Paramus, Lyndhurst, Hackensack

*Faxed copies will not be accepted