Three Types of Honors Distinction at Bergen
1. JKW School of Honors is an academic program established in 1975, offering advanced course work to the college's highest achieving, most motivated students, including incoming freshmen, transfer, and continuing students. Taught by scholarly faculty with a commitment to Honors, our courses provide an enriched academic experience which enhances student competitiveness in admissions to excellent universities. Director Maria Makowiecka, Ph.D. More at www.bergen.edu/honors
2. Honor Societies
· Phi Theta Kappa is the Official Honor Society for two-year colleges, and it recognize and encourages academic achievement of two-year college students. Students who meet the requirements are invited to join the society by the college President. Faculty Advisor, Professor Win Win Kyi, and Administrative Advisor, Ms. Angie Goldszmidt.
· Psi Beta is a National Honor Society in Psychology, which promotes professional development of psychology students in two-year colleges. Any questions can be directed to the Chapter Advisors, Professor Anthony Yankowski or Dr. Anne Maganzini.
· Sigma Chi Eta recognizes, fosters and rewards outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies in Communication. Chapter Advisor: Professor Jessica Fargnoli
3. Recognition by the Faculty, administered by the Office of the Academic Vice President.
· The Dean’s List is official recognition by the faculty of outstanding academic accomplishment. Any degree-seeking student who has maintained a cumulative scholastic average of 3.5 or better (minimum 24 credits) qualifies for this honor. The Dean’s List is compiled each semester several weeks after grades are processed. (Students with unresolved “INC” grades at the time of compilation are ineligible). Contact Mrs. Barbara Mollino
· The Honor’s List is an official recognition by the faculty of outstanding academic achievement during the course of one semester. Any degree-seeking student who has attained a scholastic average of 3.5 or better (minimum 12 credits) qualifies for this honor. The Honor’s List is compiled each semester several weeks after grades are processed. (Students with unresolved “INC” grades at the time of compilation are ineligible). Contact Mrs. Barbara Mollino
Bergen Community College
400 Paramus Road
Paramus, NJ 07652