Current Students > Counseling, Transfer and Careers > Transfer and Articulation Services > Applying to a 4 Year School

Bookmark and Share

Applying to a Four Year School

Transfer Application Checklist

Be sure to read all application instructions carefully to learn what is required for transfer students. Not all colleges require high school transcripts or recommendation letters.

  • OBTAIN application(s)
  • For on-line application - print an extra one to practice on. For traditional application - make a copy to practice on, then complete the original.
  • PAY application fee: check, money order, credit card.
  • FINANCIAL AID: be aware of deadlines; complete FAFSA and other required forms as early as possible. You can apply on-line - go to
  • HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT: Call your school and ask them to send, if required.
  • BCC GRADES: complete Transcript Request Form at Registration window. ?You need a separate form for each college.
  • HAVE transcripts sent from other colleges you have attended.
  • REQUEST letters of recommendation, if required.
  • Once you have received decision from college(s): Complete appropriate forms and send tuition deposit, and housing deposit, if required.
  • FINAL BCC TRANSCRIPT: send to the college you will be attending.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Where can I get an application?
    Go to the college website and download the application, or apply on-line.
    Contact the admission office by phone or email to request one.
  • What is Bergen's CEEB Code?
  • How can I find out my high school CEEB Code?
    Call the high school - they can tell you.
  • Where can I find assistance with transfer procedures?
    Transfer Counselors are available by appointment in the Counseling Center, Room A-118.